Thursday, April 5, 2012

Google April Fools

As you all know this past Sunday was April fool’s day. For an April fool’s joke, Google decided to post various videos and images of new apps and programs that were all a joke. One of my professors showed me video Google created for the “Gmail tap”. In the video Google was advertising for a new form of texting which used Morse code. The video looked real and I was going along with it the whole time. Google advertised how it was going to be the newest form of texting because how fast you could write messages. I became suspicious at a scene when they were interviewing Google employees about the “Gmail Tap” and one of them was LL cool j. I then knew it was a joke and started laughing. Immediately after I went online and searched for the video and found multiple pranks Google posted on April fool’s day. One of which was “Google weather control”. There was an image of a basic 5 day forecast along with a drop down bar below the day. Whatever day you choose you could click the dropdown bar and select the type of weather you want for that particular day. Another funny prank is the “Google fiber bar”. The video posted for the “Google fiber bar” claimed that the fiber bar could tell which organs in the body needed certain nutrients and would send them there. I personally though all of the Google pranks were funny and creative. I was even fooled by a few of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment